- Trip Notes
- Trip Outline
- The Trip Cost Includes
- The Trip Cost Does Not Include
The best introduction to alpine ridges and easy mixed climbing in an alpine environment. Our choice training ground for more ambitious projects.
No details found.
Day tripDrive from Chamonix to the Italian side of Mont Blanc and catch the cable car to Punta Helbroner. We will cross the Col du Glacier du Geant and climb the route then return to catch the cable-car back to Courmayeur. We will approach the traverse by climbing the steeper East ridge and descending the longer but mellower South ridge. Moving fast an efficient is a pre-requsite for this approach. Although a shorter route by comparison to it's neighbours (Dent du Geant, Arete de Rochefort, Tour Ronde, la traversée des Aiguille d'Entrèves) it still is a proper alpine rock climb or, in snowy conditions, a mixed climb.
- Guiding fee
- Group equipment
- Guest’s personal equipment
- Guest’s personal insurance
- Guide and guest’s transport from Chamonix to Courmayeur and return
- Guide and guest’s lifts expenses
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
Check out here a film shot during an ascent a while back (not us):
This trip can be combined with ascents of Dent du Geant, the Cosmiques Arête on the Aiguille du Midi, the Traverse of the Aiguille d'Entreves, the Trident du Tacul or the Pyramide du Tacul, Rochefort Arete.
- Ice axe
- Crampons compatible with the boots (check at home or in the shop)!
- Trekking poles (optional)
CLOTHING AND OTHER GEAR
- Backpack 30lt (min 25 L / max 35L)
- Beanie / Hat
- Baseball cap
- Gloves (ventually a spare pair in the backpack)
- Wool or synthetic T-shirt / baselayer (avoid cotton)
- Warm fleece / midlayer
- Waterproof jacket (goretex or similar)
- Softshell climbing pants
- Mountain boots
- Glacier sunglasses (protection 4)
- Sunscreen min 30 SPF preferable 50 SPF protection and lip balm
- Water bottle 1 liter or thermos
- Documents (Passport, Alpine club card / Insurance)
- Camera (optional)