A beautiful alpine rock route on a not-so-busy summit with amazing views of Grandes Jorasses. A good acclimatisation for an ascent of the Eiger or the Matterhorn for the strong climber or a serious objective on its own in preparation for bigger projects for the intermediate level alpinist.
- Trip Notes
- Trip Outline
- The Trip Cost Includes
- The Trip Cost Does Not Include
Same itinerary for:
- Aiguille du Moine, Normal route
- Aiguille du Moine, South Ridge
- Aiguille du Moine, South Ridge integrale
For a more relaxed pace a second night at Couvercle is possible (which will incur extra costs).
No details found.
Couvercle hutWe will be spending the night at Couvercle hut which we can reach the afternoon before the climb by using the train to Montenvers and crossing the Mer de Glace on foot then ascending the ladders. Stunning views of Grand Jorasses, Les Droites and Les Courtes will come as a bonus.
Aiguille du MoineWith an early start from Couvercle hut we will cross the small glacier at the base of the route then get on with the climbing over great granite. Upon return to Couvercle hut and a quick brew we will be aiming to catch the last train of the day from Montenvers. A long and strenuous day indeed.
- Guiding fee
- Group equipment
- Guide’s tram expenses from/to Chamonix
- Guest’s tram expenses
- Guest’s bed and dinner at Couvercle refuge
- Guest’s personal equipment
- Guest’s personal insurance
- Guide’s bed and dinner at Couvercle refuge
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
Check out here a film during an ascent (not ours) a while back:
Eiger, Mitteleggi Ridge
Matterhorn, Hornli Ridge
Matterhorn, Lion Ridge
- Trekking poles (optional)
CLOTHING AND OTHER GEAR
- Backpack 30L
- Beanie / Hat
- Baseball cap
- Gloves (eventually a spare pair in the backpack)
- Wool or synthetic T-shirt / baselayer (avoid cotton)
- Warm fleece / midlayer
- Waterproof jacket (goretex or similar)
- Softshell climbing pants
- Mountain boots
- Approach shoes (optional)
- Water bottle 1 liter
- Documents (Passport, Alpine club card / Insurance)
- Camera (optional)