A step above Aiguiles Marbrees the traverse of Aiguille d’Entrèves is elegant and with amazing views of both Mont Blanc and Courmayeur below. Never hard the exposed nature of the climbing requires sure footing and familiarity with mixed terrain.
- Trip Notes
- Trip Outline
- The Trip Cost Includes
- The Trip Cost Does Not Include
Depending on the conditions the entire route may be climbed in boots or in crampons… A combination of both is usually the case.
No details found.
Day tripMeeting either in Chamonix for a shared ride through the tunnel or at the SkyWay Monte Bianco cable car terminal in Entrèves - well before the first cable-car up. Gear check. Will get down to the glacier the approach the col between Aiguille d'Entrèves and Tour Ronde and traverse the ridge then return over the glacier to Punta Helbroner in time for the cable-car ride down to Entreves.
- Guiding fee
- Group equipment
- Guest’s personal equipment
- Guest’s personal insurance
- Guide and guest’s transport from Chamonix to Courmayeur and return
- Guide and guest’s lifts expenses
Check out here a film shot by TV Mountain during an ascent a while back:
This trip can be combined with ascents of Dent du Geant, the Cosmiques Arête on the Aiguille du Midi, the Traverse of the Aiguille Marbrees, the Trident du Tacul or the Pyramide du Tacul, Rochefort Arete.
- Ice axe
- Crampons compatible with the boots (check at home or in the shop)!
- Trekking poles (optional)
CLOTHING AND OTHER GEAR
- Backpack 30lt (min 25 L / max 35L)
- Beanie / Hat
- Baseball cap
- Gloves (ventually a spare pair in the backpack)
- Wool or synthetic T-shirt / baselayer (avoid cotton)
- Warm fleece / midlayer
- Waterproof jacket (goretex or similar)
- Softshell climbing pants
- Mountain boots
- Glacier sunglasses (protection 4)
- Sunscreen min 30 SPF preferable 50 SPF protection and lip balm
- Water bottle 1 liter or thermos
- Documents (Passport, Alpine club card / Insurance)
- Camera (optional)